36th IEEE/AIAA Digital Avionics Systems Conference (DASC’17)
St. Petersburg, Florida, U.S.A., September 17 – 21, 2017
The Organizing Committee of IEEE/AIAA DASC’17 is soliciting proposals for special sessions. Each proposed special session will have one or more organizers, who will be responsible for recruiting presentations, and ordering them according to topics. A special session is expected to have four talks of 30 minutes each (25 minutes for presentation and 5 minutes for Q&As), although variations may be considered.
A proposal for a special session will be required to have the following elements:
- Title of the special session;
- Name and affiliation of the organizer(s);
- Name and affiliation of the proposed session chair (ideally, the session chair would be a person different from the organizer(s), in order to increase attendance);
- Short description of the special session, including motivation, current issues, and future impact;
- List of four papers, including
- list of authors and their affiliations (can be a tentative list for the June 23 deadline)
- a 1-paragraph paper abstract
- Proposal submission deadline: June 30, 2017
- Paper submission deadline: August 7, 2017
The authors of presentations in special sessions will be required to submit regular papers by the August 7, 2017 deadline. These papers will not undergo peer review, but must be in the standard IEEE format, of length 5-10 pages.